New Year's Eve revelers planning to party in the South Cape can do so trolley style this year.
The South Cape Hospitality and Entertainment Associations are selling $5 wristbands for unlimited trolley service from 7 p.m. to midnight. The route weaves through the downtown Cape with 12 stops.
"There's so many options for New Year's Eve that sometimes people overlook the South Cape," Lynn Pippenger, the president of the associations, said Thursday. "We want to make sure they don't."
Approximately 1,000 wristbands will be sold. Riders must be 21 years of age or older.
"ID is required on the entire trolley run," she said. "It is 21 and over."
The wristbands are now available for purchase at any of the 12 participating venue stops.
New Year's Eve 2014 trolley run stops
* BackStreets Sports Bar, at 915 S.E. 47th Terrace
* Brew Babies Garden Bistro, at 1520 Lafayette St.
* Cruiser's Lounge, at 1517 S.E. 47th Terrace
* Dixie Roadhouse, at 1023 S.E. 47th Terrace
* Ford's Garage, at 1719 E. Cape Coral Parkway
* Monkey Bar & Steakhouse, at 1428 Lafayette St.
* Rack'em Billiards, at 1011 S.E. 47th Terrace
* Ralph's Place, at 1305 E. Cape Coral Parkway
* Red's Fresh Seafood House & Tavern, at 850 Lafayette St.
* The Dek Bar, at 4704 S.E. 15th Ave.
* Tiki Hut Bar & Grill, at 1502 Miramar St.
* Tubby's City Hangout, at 4810 Vincennes St.
Source: South Cape Hospitality and Entertainment Associations
"To make sure that they get their wristband, they should get it as soon as possible," Pippenger said.
Each of the participating venues will be hosting New Year's Eve celebrations.
"The trolley gives people the option to jump around and see what's going on," she said.
"You can hop on and off all night," Pippenger said. "It's a great deal."
The wristband also provides riders with free admission into the participating venues.
Each venue will offer specials and entertainment to kick off the new year.
"All of those places on the flyers - they're doing their own thing for New Year's Eve," she said.
For example, the Dixie Roadhouse will have the Grayson Rogers Band. Doors open at 7 p.m.
Free line dancing lessons are scheduled for 7:30 p.m., 8:30 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. There will be a champagne toast and balloon drop at midnight. Y100 and Cat Country 107.1 will be on hand.
Tubby's City Hangout, another venue, will feature music and karaoke. There is no cover and drink specials include two-for-one from 10 p.m. to midnight. There is a free champagne toast at midnight.
Pippenger noted that the trolley runs give the public a chance to visit new or favorite venues.
"Of course, with New Year's Eve, everybody kicks it up a notch," she said.
Free parking is available in the public parking lots.
For more information, contact any of the participating venues or visit online at: