Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Staff Contacts | Home RSS
 
 
 

Soccer girls raising funds

October 11, 2013
Cape Coral Daily Breeze

The girls' soccer team at Cape Coral High School is kicking off Breast Cancer Awareness month by raising money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation of Southwest Florida.

To help raise funds for breast cancer research, the team is selling pink bracelets outside three Publix locations 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Oct. 19.

"Our goal this year is to raise $1,000 for Susan G. Komen on Oct. 19th, while also raising awareness for breast cancer and continue or commitment to this cause," said Seahawks coach Jamie Reimer. "We wanted to make a difference in our community and we believe that the Susan G. Komen Foundation provides that opportunity. 75 percent of every dollar donated goes to help local victims battling breast cancer and the remaining 25 percent goes to fund research to find a cure."

Bracelets will be sold for $3 each.

The Seahawks will be at the following Publix locations on Oct. 19: Santa Barbara Center, 100 Hancock Bridge Pkwy. W.; MidpointCenter, 2420 Santa Barbara Blvd.; and Cape Coral Landings, 127 Cape Coral Pkwy. W.

 
 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web