A morning fire Friday at a northwest Cape Coral home has been ruled accidental and electrical in nature, according to city officials. The fire caused $100,000 damage to the structure.
At 3:59 a.m., dispatch received a 911 call reporting the home at 4005 N.W. 43rd Ave. was filled with smoke. Fire crews arrived on scene to find the residence full of smoke but minimal flames.
Firefighters conducted primary and secondary searches of the home, and the fire was extinguished by 4:24 a.m.
A Cape fire investigator arrived on scene and determined that the origin of the fire was in the den around the door, officials reported.
LCEC was called to the scene to pull the electric meter, and a city building inspector red-tagged the home.
Source: City of Cape Coral