Next month's roster of activities at Cape Coral-Lee County Public Library offers topics for all ages. The following activities are free to the public:
- Craft Corner: Knitting and Crocheting, 3:30 p.m. Mondays, Aug. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Bring ideas to light and make a handmade treasure. Materials will be provided, or bring your own project to work on.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Cape Coral Public Library. Registration is requested.
- Chess: 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Aug. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Rise to the chess challenge and join the fun. Everyone is welcome. Bring a personal chess set, if preferred.
- English Cafe: 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Aug. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; 10 a.m. Fridays, August 5, 12, 19, 26
- Practice English with English Cafe, a free, conversation session for adult ESOL and ESL students. Advanced registration is not necessary.
- Kids Read Down Fine: 6-7 p.m. Mondays, Aug. 1, 15, 29; 3:30-4:30 p.m. Thursdays, Aug. 11, 25
Children and teens can earn a $2 coupon for every 15 minutes of reading during the allotted time in the designated area of the library. For ages 18 and younger. Coupons may be applied to cards issued to patrons age 18 and under only.
The Cape Coral-Lee County Public Library is located at 921 SW 39th Terrace in Cape Coral. For more information about a program or to register, please call the library at (239) 533-4500. A sign language interpreter is available with 5 business days notice to library staff. Assistive listening system available; request at desk.
Check the Lee County Library System?s Web site at library.leegov.com , or pick up an events calendar on your next visit, to find out about programs at other locations. Call the host library, or Telephone Reference at (239) 479-INFO (4636), for more information about a specific program.