Next month's roster of activities at Cape Coral-Lee County Public Library offers topics for all ages. The following activities are free to the public:
- English Caf: 10 a.m. Fridays, July 1, 22, 29;6 p.m. Tuesdays, July 19, 26
Practice English with English Cafe, a free, conversation session for adult ESOL and ESL students. Advanced registration is not necessary.
- Chess; 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays, July 5, 12, 19, 26.Everyone is welcome. Bring a personal chess set, if preferred.
- Craft Corner: Knitting and Crocheting: 3:30 p.m. Mondays, July 11, 18, 25
Bring ideas to light and make a handmade treasure. Materials will be provided, or bring A project to work on.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Cape Coral Public Library. Registration is requested.
- Bagels, Books and Banter: 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, July 26
Join other book lovers and come prepared to talk about a recent book that was read. Relax over coffee and bagels. Sponsored by Friends of the Cape Coral Public Library. Registration is requested.
- Family Storytime:10 a.m. Thursdays, July 7, 14, 21, 28
This program is for the whole family and lasts about 30 minutes.
- Kids Read Down Fines: 6 7 p.m. Mondays, July 11, 25; 3:30 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays, July 12, 26
Children and teens can earn a $2 coupon for every 15 minutes of reading during the allotted time in the designated area of the library. For ages 18 and younger. Coupons may be applied to cards issued to patrons age 18 and under only.
The Cape Coral-Lee County Public Library is located at 921 S.W. 39th Terrace in Cape Coral. For more information about a program or to register, please call the library at (239) 533-4500. A sign language interpreter is available with 5 business days notice to library staff. Assistive listening system available; request at desk.