Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre has announced its 2011 2012 season line-up. Individual tickets are now on sale.
Main stage show prices range from $27 to $51 with group and children's prices available. Performances are Tuesday through Sunday evenings (no Tuesday evening performances May through October) with selected matinees.
Broadway Palm's 2011-2012 Season includes eight main stage productions, four productions in The Off Broadway Palm and four Children's Theatre productions.
- "'S Wonderful" (Sept. 1 Oct. 1)
A new musical that celebrates the genius of George and Ira Gershwin. This all-singing, all-dancing musical revue features timeless classics such as "Rhapsody in Blue," "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off," "Nice Work If You Can Get It," "I Got Rhythm" and "Someone to Watch Over Me."
*Season Opener Special: $39 for dinner & show.
- "Sugar The 'Some Like It Hot' Musical" (Oct. 6 Nov. 19)
This musical comedy is about two unemployed musicians who witness the St. Valentine's Day Massacre. To escape the mob, they disguise themselves as women and join an all-female band who are about to leave town for an engagement at a Miami Beach hotel.
- Irving Berlin's "White Christmas" (Nov. 24 Dec. 25)
The stage adaptation about two ex-GI's who have become famous entertainers. They put on a show to save the Vermont resort of their former commanding general. The 1954 film starred Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. The Irving Berlin score includes "Blue Skies," "Happy Holidays," "Sisters" and, the title song, "White Christmas."
- "Me and My Girl" (Dec. 29 Feb. 11)
It's 1937 and the Earl of Hareford has died leaving no apparent heir. The family has gathered, eagerly waiting to hear how the estate will be split. The unlikely heir is commoner Bill Snibson, a pugnacious Cockney ne'er-do-well from Lambeth. Hilarity ensues as the duchess tries to turn Bill into a proper gentleman. The British blue-bloods eventually warm to his charm and so will you as you dance in the aisles to the "Lambeth Walk."
*New Year's Eve tickets are $100 per person for dinner and the show.
- "Brigadoon" (Feb. 23 March 31)
A mysterious Scottish village appears for only one day every 100 years. Two American tourists, who are lost in the Scottish Highlands, stumble upon the village just as a wedding is about to be celebrated and their arrival has some serious implications for the village's inhabitants. The Lerner and Lowe score includes the song "Almost Like Being in Love."
- "Legally Blonde The Musical" (April 5 May 13)
OMG! Broadway Palm is going blonde! Elle Woods is a big hit on the campus of her LA college. She's got the perfect "East Coast blue blood" boyfriend until he dumps her before heading off to law school at Harvard. Despite her penchant for malls, make-up and tanning, Elle decides to enroll at the same law school. Along the way, Elle teaches the snobs a thing or two about class, self-confidence and courtroom victory.
- Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Cinderella" (May 17 June 23)
Rodgers and Hammerstein's timeless fairy tale, "Cinderella," is filled with magical characters, irresistible romance and unforgettable songs. Wicked Stepsisters, a Fairy Godmother, a pumpkin and the perfect glass slipper from a prince; bring this everlasting story to life on the Broadway Palm stage. Bring the family and live happily ever after.
*Family Friendly Pricing: Adults $39 for dinner & show and Children $18 for dinner & show
- "Grease" (June 28 Aug. 18)
"Grease" is the word as we travel back to Rydell High in the '50s. The hit songs include "Summer Nights," "We Go Together," "I'm Sandra Dee," "Greased Lightnin'," "Born to Hand Jive" and "Beauty School Dropout."
*Summer Special: Kids 18 and under just $18
The Off Broadway Palm Theatre is Broadway Palm's second performance venue. It's a 98-seat general admission theatre off the main lobby. The Off Broadway Palm's 16th Sensational Season begins July 21 and runs through April 29. Ticket prices range from $25 to $46.
Performances are Tuesday through Sunday evenings (no Tuesday evening performances May through October) with selected matinees.
- "Run For Your Wife" (July 21 Aug. 28)
A London cab driver, John Smith, literally has two lives, complete with two different wives, Mary and Barbara. Somehow he manages to juggle both marriages without arousing suspicion. However, he gets mugged and wakes up in a hospital. He now has to explain the situation to both of his wives and the police all at once.
*Summer Special: $39 for dinner & show.
- "A Christmas Survival Guide" (Nov. 10 Dec. 25)
This hilarious revue takes a wry and knowing look at the stressful holiday season. Armed with a copy of A Christmas Survival Guide, and an optimistic attitude, the characters search for the true essence of Christmas. In songs and vignettes, they learn to cope with the season in ways that are both hilarious and heartwarming.
- "Squabbles" (Jan. 19 March 3)
This hilarious play pits a father-in-law against a mother in a comedic succession of squabbles. Jerry Sloan is a successful writer of advertising jingles that is married to an equally successful lawyer. Living with the happy couple is the not-so-happy Abe, Jerry's curmudgeon father-in-law. Abe is a funny guy to the audience but not to Jerry. The situation is exacerbated when Jerry's mother Mildred's house burns down and she needs a place to live.
- "The Great American Trailer Park Musical" (March 8 April 29)
Meet some of the residents of a trailer park called "Armadillo Acres." Norbert and Jeannie have been married for 20 years, and there's no electricity left in their relationship, a situation enhanced by Jeannie's agoraphobia, in which she refuses to leave their trailer.
Broadway Palm Children's Theatre shows are fun for everyone. The chef's buffet includes children's favorites like hot dogs, chicken nuggets, pasta, french fries and more. All productions are matinees with lunch at noon and show at 1 p.m, unless indicated (*indicates an early matinee with lunch at 10:30 a.m. and show at 11:30 a.m. and ** indicates a twilight with dinner at 5:30 p.m. and show at 7 p.m). Tickets are just $15 for all ages.
- "Pinkalicious" (Oct. 14*, 15, 19*, 23, 27*, 28*, 31** and Nov. 6, 10*, 11) "Pinkalicious" can't stop eating pink cupcakes despite warnings from her parents. Her love of pink lands her at the doctor's office with Pinkititis, which turns her pink from head to toe - a dream come true for this pink enthusiast.
- "Frosty The Snowman" (Dec. 2*, 4, 6*, 8*, 9*, 13*, 14*, 16*, 20*, 23) Grab an old silk hat and watch everyone's favorite snowman come to life in this magical adventure!
- "School House Rock!" (April 13*, 15, 17*, 19*, 20*, 22, 24*, 25*, 27*, 29 and May 1*, 3*, 4*, 5, 8*, 11*) The Saturday morning cartoon series that taught everyone about adjectives, multiplication and history hits the stage. Sing along to "Just a Bill," "Conjunction Junction" and more.
- "Dora's Pirate Adventure" (July 6, 7, 11, 13, 15, 19, 20, 21, 25, 27, 29 and Aug. 2, 3, 4). Join Dora, her best buddy Boots and the rest of their friends as they embark on an exciting trip to Treasure Island. Along the way, the audience will use their map-reading, counting, musical and language skills to help Dora reach the treasure.
Individual tickets for Broadway Palm's 19th season, The Off Broadway Palm's 16th season and Broadway Palm Children's Theatre shows are on sale now. For show information and reservations, visit www.BroadwayPalm.com, call 239-278-4422 or stop by the box office at 1380 Colonial Boulevard in Fort Myers.