If you are looking for fun in the sun this summer, then look no further than the Yacht Club Community Park, located at 5819 Driftwood Parkway, off of Cape Coral Parkway. The park is home to a beautiful public beach and pier for all to enjoy, plus a 6,000- square-foot ballroom that can be rented year round by residents and visitors to Cape Coral. Also in the park is a public swimming pool, tennis courts with USPTA certified teaching pros, and the Tony Rotino Center.
The Yacht Club & Yacht Club Community Pool offer a wide range of exciting classes, trips, and programs for the public, including the following day camps beginning the week of June 13:
- Beach Bums Exploration (4-10 years) - Children will learn about the critters that live in, on and around the beach in this hands-on camp conducted by marine biologist Susie Hassett. Each camp session is geared for different age groups: 4-5 years, 6-8 years, and 8-10 years.
- Beginning Fishing Camp for Tykes (5-9 years) - Children will fish every day while learning about rods and reels, how to bait their own hook and casting and fishing regulations. The session ends daily with a refreshing swim in the pool.
- (New) Kids Kayaking Camp (9-14 years) - Children will learn to kayak and fish from a kayak from a world renowned professional. They will learn basic paddle strokes, navigation, and how to rig and use a fishing rod and reel. No experience necessary.
- Advanced Beach Bums Exploration (9-14 years) - Children will explore the ocean from top to bottom with everything from microscopes to seine nets.
- Jr. Splash Camp (5-9 years) - Children will enjoy a few hours of swimming, games and crafts.
- Basic Synchronized Swimming (6-16 years) - Children will learn synchronized swimming basics such as skulls, egg beaters, layouts and ballet legs. This class also helps build strength, flexibility and grace.
- Jr. Lifeguard Camp (10-15 years) - Calling all future lifeguards! Learn lifesaving skills along with first aid and CPR. The camp includes a field trip to Sun Splash Family Waterpark.
- Kid's All American Fishing Derby - Sat, June 18 - 811 a.m. The derby is for children ages 5-15 and includes two hours of fishing, child's lunch, awards, and a goodie bag for each participant. Children must bring their own rod and tackle and bait will be provided. The cost is $8 per child and space is limited so register early.
For more information on the Cape Coral Yacht Club and the Yacht Club Pool or to reserve your child's spot for any of the summer camps or the Fishing Derby, call 239-574-0806 or visit the Parks & Recreation website at www.CapeParks.com.