Cape Coral Hospital officials said Wednesday morning that Mindy McCready is no longer listed in the hospital's directory, but according to her mother Gayle Inge, McCready is not only an in-patient but she is very sick.
McCready, a platinum selling country music artist, was rushed to Cape Coral Hospital at 10:38 a.m. Tuesday morning after her mother made a panicked 911 call. She was listed in good condition on Tuesday and was admitted overnight in the late afternoon, according to hospital officials.
Hospital officials said she is no longer in the directory, but Inge said she is still a patient.
"She is not in the directory, but she is still in the hospital," said Inge. "I only can tell you that Mindy is really sick."
Inge dialed 911 early Tuesday morning after McCready, 34, came in and out of consciousness. She told dispatchers that her daughter was breathing normally but said McCready was experiencing an apparent drug overdose.
"I know she took Darvocet and she said something about a muscle relaxer but I don't see that anywhere," said Inge in the 911 call. "There was a lot of Darvocet in that bottle. I didn't realize how many pills she took."
Transcript of 911 Call
Dispatcher: 911, what is your emergency?
Gayle Inge: My daughter has just taken an overdose.
Dispatcher: Stay on the line, I am going to connect to EMS.
Gayle Inge: (to McCready) You have taken too many pills for me to handle this...
Dispatcher: Ambulance and fire, where is your emergency? Go ahead and tell me exactly what the problem is.
Gayle Inge: I don't how many pills my daughter has taken, I thought I could handle it and get her to the hospital, but she has evidently taken the whole bottle.
Dispatcher: Are you with her now?
Gayle Inge: I am with her now, yes, she is breathing OK.
Dispatcher: How old is she?
Gayle Inge: She is 34.
Dispatcher: Is she awake?
Gayle Inge: She is coherent, yes.
Dispatcher: Is she breathing?
Gayle Inge: Yes, she is breathing.
Dispatcher: And it was intentional?
Gayle Inge: Yes.
Dispatcher: Is she violent?
Gayle Inge: No.
Dispatcher: Is she changing color?
Gayle Inge: Um...I don't think so.
Dispatcher: Is she completely alert.
Gayle Inge: No, absolutely not. I mean I can talk to her but she is in and out.
Dispatcher: Is she breathing normally?
Gayle Inge: Yes she is.
Dispatcher: Do you know what she took?
Gayle Inge: I know she took Darvocet and she said something about a muscle relaxer but I don't see that bottle anywhere. There was a lot of Darvocet in the bottle. I don't know how many she took, but she is claiming she took a lot. I let it just go for like an hour, I didn't realize how many pills she took.
Dispatcher: Do you know how long ago she took it?
Gayle Inge: I have no idea, no, it could have been in the middle of the night.
Dispatcher: I am sending the paramedics now and they will tell you exactly what to do next, all right?
Gayle Inge: I need to put some clothes on...so.
Dispatcher: Go ahead and keep an eye on her, if she gets worse or vomits you need to quickly turn her on her side. If she gets worse you need to call me back at 911 for further instructions. Leave the pill bottles out, put away any family pets, turn on the outside light and unlock the door. Go ahead and get dressed and we are on the way.
Source: Lee County Sheriff's Office
Although Inge first believed McCready had overdosed on Darvocet, a narcotic painkiller, after reportedly breaking her toe two days earlier, her mother now says she was mistaken.
"I said that myself because I thought the bottle was empty," she said. "That (Darvocet) wasn't found in her system."
Inge said her daughter will remain in the hospital for a few days longer and she is planning to address the media on McCready's condition.
"There is a diagnosis at this point," she said.
McCready was reportedly in Lee County attending a legal hearing for the custody of her child, who is currently under the care of Inge.