Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Staff Contacts | Home RSS
 
 
 

Cape Coral Demographics

March 27, 2009
Cape Coral Daily Breeze
Cape Coral Demographics Cape Coral is the most populous city between Tampa and Miami. More than 60 percent of the population is between the ages of 15-64 and residents under 25 outnumber residents over 65. Southwest Florida's 18-24 age group is growing at a faster rate than the state of Florida and the United States. Permanent Population(1) 2000 2007 2011 102,286 167,572 193,257 Median Age(2) 1980 1990 2000 2011 50.0 39.9 41.6 46.2 Functional Population Projections(1) 2008 2011 2015 2020 187,543 247,543 307,534 367,534 Race Distribution(2) White Black Asian Hispanic Some Other Race 90.2% 3.2% 1.3% 13.6% 3.2% Hispanic is an ethnic group and includes other races. Totals are not equal. Gender(2) 1980 1990 2000 2006 Female 17,820 38,842 52,702 83,775 Male 16,324 36,149 49,584 78,265 Age Distribution(2) 0 to 14 15 to 24 25 to 44 45 to 64 65+ 16.8% 10.9% 22.4% 27.7% 22.4% Personal Income Median Household(3) 1980 1990 2000 2006 $19,288 $33,999 $43,410 $51,635 Labor Statistics Labor Force(4) Persons Employed(4) Persons Unemployed(4) Unemployment Rate(5) 82,618 79,865 2,753 4.2% (1)Population statistics and projections provided by City of Cape Coral Department of Community Development and Lee County Economic Development Office. Functional population is a combination of both permanent and seasonal residents and is the figure used for long-range planning. (2)Median Age, Race Distribution, Gender and Age Distribution from U.S. Census 2000. (3)Personal Income/Median Househouse from U.S> Census 2000 and City of Cape Coral Department of Community Development. (4)Labor Statistics from State of Florida, Department of Labor & Employment Security, December 2006. (5)Unemployment Rate statistics from Lee County Economic Development Office June 2007.

Article Photos

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web