Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Staff Contacts | Home RSS
 
 
 

Boy electrocuted in backyard pool

April 18, 2014
Associated Press

NORTH MIAMI, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a faulty pool light appears to be the cause of a 7-year-old boy being killed at his South Florida home.

North Miami police say a nanny was watching Calder Sloan swim in a backyard pool Sunday when he was electrocuted. The jolt reportedly catapulted him out of the water as he raced a friend.

The boy's father, Chris Sloan, told The Miami Herald (http://goo.gl/YdYbp7 ) they hired a contractor to fix the pool light last year, but he hadn't had time to retrieve records of the repair. The family has not stayed at the home since Calder Sloan's death.

North Miami building department records don't indicate any permits pulled or inspections done at the Sloan home in the past year.

Police say the investigation is far from over.

___

Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web