Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Staff Contacts | Home RSS
 
 
 

Year-long search continues for missing boater

February 13, 2014
Associated Press

ATLANTIC BEACH, Fla. (AP) — The year-long search for a missing Florida boater continues with investigators still searching for answers about the disappearance.

A Coast Guard news release says investigators are seeking the public's help in the disappearance of 49-year-old Bernardo Enrique Rubio Hernandez. He was reported missing Feb. 7 of last year after he didn't return home from a fishing trip off New Smyrna Beach.

The Coast Guard said it spent four days and $1.3 million searching over 13,000 square miles for the Apopka man. Authorities never found any signs of him or his 14-foot boat.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Volusia County Sheriff's Office, Volusia County Beach Patrol and New Smyrna Beach Police Department also assisted with the search.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web